Saturday, April 2, 2011

the case of the missing books

I wanted some lighter reading than the 3000 page tome I'm reading for my Critical Methods course, so I searched the library for Suzanne Collin's The Hunger Games. Although listed as available, the book had mysteriously disappeared. Strangely enough, this keeps happening to me....last week, Greg Mortenson and David Relin's Three Cups of Tea went missing from both libraries in town.

To console myself, I went through every book in the library's browsing room--all 1000 or so--and left with Aravind Adiga's The White Tiger, which has been getting a lot of press recently, and Kazuo Ishiguro's Nocturnes: Five Stories of Music and Nightfall. I often pretend that I like Ishiguro more than I actually do....but music, nightfall, and loneliness. What could be better?


No comments:

Post a Comment