Saturday, April 9, 2011

hello, fellow readers

Today is Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon! I'm Jessica, and this is my blog, a rose is a. I wanted to introduce myself now, as suggested by Sheston  over at the Read-A-Thon, but I won't post frequently until later tonight. By then, I'm sure my attention span will be fried from too many words or literary characters, and I'll be jumping for a chance to write a post. Can't wait to get further into the Read-A-Thon! Feel free to leave me a message and say hello (:

(Oh, and currently, I'm finishing Mockingjay, the third and final installment of Suzanne Collin's The Hunger Games. It's a lovely way to spend my morning.)


1)Where are you reading from today?
My dorm room! It's rainy today, so my bed is super cosy. In a few hours, I'll make tea and relocate to the common room. It's always very quiet there.
2)Three random facts about me…
I love muffins more than cupcakes. I am forever trying to see Damien Rice perform live. I also studied in Germany last semester, and it changed my life.
3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
Five! Although one is half-finished. I mentioned my choices in a previous post, here.
4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
My goal is simple. Don't fall asleep! (All too easy when it's dark outside and lovely and warm inside.)
5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
This is my first time, and I'm learning as I go (: Looking forward to another year, though! (I say with the early alertness of hour four, er...) 

1 comment:

  1. Mockingjay, or any of the other Hunger Games books are great reads for readathon!

    Read that story
    For Readathon glory
    Give that book a lookie
    Just not that book by Snooki!

    ReplyDelete